HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Time to start the new year off with our best foot forward! For many of us, that also means starting a new fitness program.
We want you to have a better understanding of the different kinds of training options that are available, so you can decide what is right for you. Many people who are exercising for the first time in a while, are often disappointed in the rate of results, or injure themselves trying to workout on their own. This can lead to discouragement, lack of motivation, and ultimately failure in your plan. A trainer will guide you through your exercises showing you proper technique and teaching you how to incorporate it into your lifestyle, while getting the most efficient results.
As a trainer that started in a big gym, I decided to create a private training facility because I enjoyed the benefits of having a designated space to myself, without large amounts of people who could be watching me. As fit as I try to stay, there is always times where we find ourselves insecure about something, and focus on who can see us. I wanted to take that feeling away for myself, and for clients, and create a family-oriented nature that feels like every person you encounter is in the fight with you, further eliminating the insecurities that follow our industry.
However, you may decide that seeing a bunch of people around you exercising might be all the motivation fact you were looking for, and may help you push through that last set, making a large gym the right place for you. Here are some Pros and Cons of some popular fitness programs that will help you make the most educated decisions:
OPTION 1: Large Gyms
- Gives a variety of different programs under one roof: Group classes, Personal Training, Cardio equipment, showers, sauna
- low monthly membership with unlimited access to gym, with an additional charge for Personal Training
- Personal Training most commonly takes place in the open facility, not in private
- Equipment is shared with all members during training session, limiting access to the appropriate exercises for your specific goals
- subject to overcrowding during busy hours and holiday seasons
Atmosphere: Private Training Studios
- Gives a variety of programs in a semi-private setting: Personal Training, Partner Training, Small Group Training, Group Classes
- A Private facility means no waiting to use equipment. The training space belongs to you
- More Personalized care. A studios success is based on each client reaching their goals
- More room for culture, style, and variety in small studios
- Higher monthly membership rates
- limited access to showers
Atmosphere: Dance / Martial Arts Programs
- Fun atmosphere, culture, and disciplinary technique combined into fitness program
- Takes the focus away from exercise, which can distract you from how sore or tired you are becoming
- Awesome cardio programs
- Drop-in pricing options
- Generally includes a lot of repetitive movements, while training, which can lead to overuse injuries
- limited to cardio, with few resources for resistance training
- Generally not specialized programs to reach an individuals goal
Which One Is Right For You?
If you are still unsure after reading this, it wouldn’t hurt to take a tour of a couple places, and see what they are like. After connecting with different people of different atmospheres, you will be able to make an educated decision of which you like best.
A little more about Level Up Fitness and Wellness Center
At Level Up Fitness and Wellness Center, we strive to provide as many Pros as we can for our clients, without the Cons. Choose from the specialized care in our 1-on-1 Specialized care, Small Group Training sessions, sharing the luxury of a Personal Trainer with a small community, Massage Therapy, assisting with chronic pain, injury and post-workout recovery, and partnerships with Martial arts and Dance Studios in the area, including Hardline Krav Maga Self-Defense, located inside our studio!
Click here to schedule a Complimentary Assessment and learn more about the many programs we offer at Level Up Fitness and Wellness Center